-->

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Maternity Leave

I had loads of anxiety about maternity leave on the days leading up to Hudson’s arrival. I haven’t taken more than 2 weeks off work since our honeymoon, and really that was the longest break I had ever had since I started working full time 10 years ago. I was so sure it would be difficult to be away from the office and my work routine.

Boy, was I wrong! Maternity leave was incredible! Of course it didn’t hurt that it was gorgeous spring/summer weather, so it was the perfect time of year to take 12 weeks off work. Hudson and I spent most of the maternity leave going on long walks, shopping and going to the pool. Every morning we would go for a walk before it got too warm, then in the afternoons we’d either hit the pool or call my mom and all take a shopping excursion together either to a shopping center or to the Farmers Market. We got pretty good at that routine and although I was looking forward to going back to work and seeing all of my colleagues, I cherished every second of maternity leave. 


My sister and Mom, on our many walks with Hudson
My sister came to visit the second week of May, which was perfect timing since we were finally out and about by then. We weren't supposed to leave the house for the first two weeks, which ended up being fine since it rained those first two weeks anyway. We went on a lot of walks as soon as we were ready to leave the house. 

Here are my top five favorite places in Kansas City to go on maternity leave and the food/beverage that must accompany them:
  1. Wednesday Fresh Market at Park Place with the Wild Mushroom Pizza from Ingredient
  2. Nordstrom at Oak Park Mall and a Piccolo of Gelato from Paciugo
  3. Indian Hills Country Club Pool lets you Build-Your-Own-Salad, poolside
  4. Country Club Plaza browsing, sipping a Mocha Light Frappachino from Starbucks
  5. Overland Park Farmers Market & The Tasteful Olive with Kettle Corn from local vendor
And we also spent a fair amount of time getting dressed up and taking pictures. He just loves having his diaper and clothes changed, so we had fun getting dressed up every day! 
World Cup Soccer Fan
Happy Baby!
He's always smiley on the changing table
He just loves laying on the couch at my parents' house and staring at the ceiling fan!
With his favorite toy: sock monkey
Being silly on the boppy
Crazy hair!
Dressed up for Father's Day
 

No comments:

Post a Comment